What is a branded search?
A branded keyword, or a branded search, is any query via a search engine that includes the name of your company, business or brand, such as ‘Boost SEO’. This can include other words too, like ‘Boost SEO agency’ or ‘Taunton Boost SEO’. Fundamentally a branded search includes your brand name as part of it.
Is it difficult to rank for your brand name?
The good news is it relatively easy to rank for your brand name BUT if there is a more established business it can be a bit more difficult. If you are not ranking highly for branded search it could be that:
- your site isn’t indexed with Google and other search engines
- you have competition with a similar brand name
- your website isn’t optimised for SEO
- you haven’t made your brand name clear on your website
- you use an acronym as your brand name that could be use by another business
Should I be ranking top for my brand name?
Simple answer: YES. As consumers become more aware of your brand, you will receive more search queries containing your brand name. If you aren’t ranking top you may be missing out on these potential customers.
If you are struggling to rank on branded searches we can help you identify why – contact us.